Morning fire damages Carter County home

Published 7:35 am Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Carter County home was heavily damaged by fire Sunday morning.
According to an incident report from the Carter County Sheriff’s Department, emergency went to the home at 187 Williams St., Johnson City, at 6:50 a.m. and found smoke coming from underneath the roof and through the windows on the rear of the residence.
Homeowner Raymond Stout said he was unsure what had caused the fire in the home.
West Carter County Volunteer Fire Department Fire Chief Conley Jones said he determined the fire started in or around the bathroom in the rear of the home. The cause was not immediately known, but was not believed to be electrical.
While examining the home after the fire, crews found Stout’s dog had died during the fire.
Responders from West Carter, Central and Watauga Volunteer Fire Departments, the Carter County Rescue Squad and the CCSD responded to the scene.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox