Fire in Hampton after attempt to thaw pipes with torch

Published 9:05 am Friday, January 29, 2016

Star Photo/Rebekah Price

Star Photo/Rebekah Price

Hampton Volunteer Firefighters responded to a fire in an apartment at 126 Dennis Cove Road in Hampton Thursday after a resident set his insulation ablaze by thawing frozen pipes with a torch.
“The resident put out the fire before we arrived,” said Assistant Fire Chief Chris Isaacs.
This was the same home in which a family of four died in a fire in the early ’90s.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox