23rd annual Christmas Open house to be held Sunday from 1 to 5
According to Courney Washburn, Director of the Main Street Program, downtown Elizabethton has a quick turn-around from Halloween to Christmas.
“It might seem early, but we love Christmas here in downtown,” she laughed. “And we think now is a great opportunity to kick off holiday shopping.”
A wide variety of local businesses will be participating in the event, over 25 to be exact. Also, a variety of features are also included in the event, from gift wrapping to sales and door prizes to live music and more.
The following is a list of merchants currently listed (as of the time of this article) included in the event, as well as their features.
– All Star Sports & Country Crafts: Dip mixes for sale
– Antiques of Elk
– Betsy Treasures
– Blue Mountanya – The Resort: Grand opening
– Cannon’s Fine Home Furnishings
– Cottage Boutique: Sales, giveaways, and treat bags
– Duck Crossing: Sales, door prizes, and a gift with every purchase
– Eagle Center Co-op: Sales, refreshments, and vendors present
– East TN Spay & Neuter: “It’s a Wrap” at the Elizabethton Chamber
– Elizabethton Escape
– Elizabethton Sewing Center and Boutique
– Fired Up Ceramics: Pre-painted pottery available for purchase
– Five One Eight: Refreshment, sales, and giveaways
– Fletcher’s Homemade: Christmas decor, gifts, & locally crafted goods
– GLOW Herbals: Refreshments and sales on bulk teas & herbs
– Jiggy Ray’s Downtown Pizzeria: Open for dining from 12 – 5 pm.
– Lingerfelt Boutique: Treat bags, deals, and door prizes
– Merle Norman: Virtual door prizes
– Powers Coffee: Holiday drink release and sales
– Red Legacy Recovery: Refreshments & kids crafts
– Ritchie’s Furniture & Appliance
– Riverside Taphouse: Extended hours and 10% ALL package beer & cider (12 – 8 pm)
– Simple Blessings General Store: Specials, refreshments & giveaways
– Simply Elegant Bakery & Catering: Refreshments available
– Southern Restaurant: Extended hours until 5 p.m.
– Sweetsie Treatz: Free hot chocolate, fall flavors, and lunch specials
– The Coffee Company: Lunch (11-3), live music (1-3), and handcrafted drinks
– The Peddler’s Cart: Sales, refreshments, door prizes, giveaways for children under 12
– The Secret Garden: Christmas silks and centerpieces sale
“Every business really takes on Open House as a fun way to kick off the holiday season,” said Washburn. “Christmas in downtown Elizabethton is such a special time of the year.”
Washburn used the term “magical” to describe Open House.
“It’s a really magical time,” she said. “There’s just a buzz in the air. Christmas is here.”
While the event aims to continue in sharing Christmas magic, safety is also a goal as well. According to Washburn, all businesses and employees with the event will be following guidelines, such as masking.
Attendees are encouraged to wear masks, social distance and use the sanitation stations which will be available for use. Refreshments are a big part of the event, therefore there will also be designated food servers (also complying with guidelines) at the stores.
Washburn said she hopes that people can enjoy this event and support local businesses in the process, which is needed this year more than ever.
“Christmas Open House is a perfect opportunity to come downtown with your family on a Sunday afternoon and just support our local businesses, support our local downtown, and it’s a great way to get in the holiday spirit,” she said.
Carter County School students now have the opportunity to be certified as pharmacy technicians. The Pharmacy Tech Program, which officially... read more