Infrastructure work continues on West Walnut and Earnest streets in Johnson City
Published 7:31 pm Monday, February 21, 2022
Water, sewer and stormwater work continues next week as part of the West Walnut Street Redevelopment Project.
This work will impact traffic flow, requiring lane shifts and detours, in the following areas:
• Earnest Street – closed between Ashe Street and West Maple Street
• Earnest Street/West Maple Street Intersection (detour)
• Earnest Street/West Walnut Street Intersection (eastbound detour)
• West Walnut Street – West Watauga Avenue to Southwest Avenue (westbound detour)
• West Walnut Street – Earnest Street to Buffalo Street
Drivers who cannot avoid these areas should expect delays, use caution in the construction zone, and observe posted speed limits for their safety and the safety of workers.
This work is part of the City of Johnson City’s West Walnut Street Redevelopment Project. Additional information about the proposed redevelopment in this area as well as updates on construction can be found on the City’s website, www.johnsoncitytn.org/westwalnutplan.