ETSU hosting Tri-Cities Financial Aid Night

Published 11:10 am Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
JOHNSON CITY – East Tennessee State University’s Tri-Cities Financial Aid Night returns Wednesday, Oct. 12, from 5-8 p.m. in the ballroom on the third floor of the D.P. Culp Student Center on ETSU’s main campus.
Current ETSU students and area high school seniors are invited to attend and receive assistance with filing the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is essential to receiving aid for college. Staff in the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will be on hand to help answer questions and complete the application one-on-one.
“Filling out the FAFSA can be intimidating, and our office is happy to be able to provide this service to the community and help make the process easier,” said Catherine Morgan, director of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. “The FAFSA is the best tool to unlock any kind of student aid, including the Tennessee HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship and the Pell Grant.”
Those who want to receive assistance filing the FAFSA should bring with them:
• An FSA ID. Creating an FSA ID at (one for the student and parent) before the event will make your time at Tri-Cities Financial Aid Night more efficient.
• Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA form).
• Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student.
• Your driver’s license number if you have one.
• Your Alien Registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen.
• 2021 federal tax information or tax returns including 2021 W-2 information, for yourself (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student.
• 2021 1040 tax return.
• Foreign tax return, IRS 1040NR or IRS 1040NR-EZ.
• Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia or Palau.
• Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income and veterans noneducation benefits, for yourself, and for your parents if you are a dependent student.
• Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate (but not including the home in which you live); and business and farm assets for yourself, and for your parents if you are a dependent student.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox