Only two weeks to go before Christmas, so shop downtown on Saturday
Published 6:00 pm Tuesday, December 13, 2022
By Angela Cutrer
Though it seems we just got started, it’s now down to the final two weeks before Christmas.
How did that happen?
It’s so true time flies and that means it’s cutting it close to do your Christmas shopping. Main Street Elizabethton has got you covered — along with well-known, well-loved businesses right here in town.
“With less than two weeks until Christmas, this Saturday is the perfect time to avoid the big box store crowds and enjoy a nice experience in our welcoming and historic downtown,” said Courtney Bean, Main Street’s director. “You can support local and complete your holiday shopping, all at one event!”
That’s convenience for you and great for local businesses. This new event this season is meant to help everyone involved — shoppers, local businesses and present recipients wanting that special something.
Main Street Elizabethton’s “Holiday Wrap-Up” is planned for Saturday, Dec. 17, to help you check off your Christmas list locally downtown. From 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., the following participating businesses will await your presence so they might help you in buying presents:
• All Star Sports & Country Crafts, 530 E Elk Ave.
• Auntie A’s Barkery, 520 E Elk Ave.
• Cannon’s Fine Home Furnishings, 424 E Elk Ave.
• Cottage Boutique, 543 E Elk Ave.
• Duck Crossing Antique Mall, 515 E Elk Ave.
• Eagle Center Co-op, 507 E Elk Ave.
• Elizabethton Chamber & Tour Carter County, 615 E Elk Ave.
• Fletcher’s Homemade, 510 E Elk Ave. (open at 11 a.m.)
• GLOW Herbals, 527 E Elk Ave., Ste 1
• Joy’s Fabulous Finds
• Kim’s Coffee & Espresso, 528 E Elk Ave.
• Merle Norman, 541 E Elk Ave.
• Simple Blessings General Store, 508 E Elk Ave.
• Sweetsie Treatz, 438 E Elk Ave.
• The Clock Stop (new business), 453 East E St.
• The Coffee Company, 444 E Elk Ave.
• The Curious Moon Apothecary
• The Peddler’s Cart, 404 E Elk Ave.
• Undervalley Dragway Hobbies, 516 E Elk Ave. (open at 11 a.m.)
• Wayward Springs Tack & Consignment, 441 E Elk Ave.
For more information, visit Main Street Elizabethton at 136 S. Sycamore St., or call 423-213-0090.
This event is sponsored by Carter County Bank, adskills, Citizens Bank, Snap-on Tools, Elizabethton Federal Savings Bank, Mills Greenhouse & Landscape, State of Franklin Healthcare Associates, Northeast Community Credit Union and Community First Bank.