Gov. Lee annouces 2023 inauguration
Published 1:33 pm Friday, January 6, 2023
Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee has announced the theme and schedule of events for the 2023 inaugural celebration: “Tennessee Leading the Nation.”
“Tennessee is leading the nation as a guiding light for opportunity, security and freedom,” said Lee. “Maria and I invite Tennesseans to join us as we reflect on the tremendous success Tennessee has seen over the past four years and celebrate as we move forward in anticipation of our state’s continued prosperity.”
Gov. Lee will take the oath of office for his second term at the inauguration ceremony on January 21 at 11a.m. CT on Legislative Plaza in Nashville. The oath will be administered by Tennessee Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger Page. The event is a joint convention of the 113th General Assembly.
To celebrate the state’s rich history, Tennesseans are encouraged to schedule free tours of the Tennessee State Capitol and Tennessee State Museum in the days leading up to inaugural weekend.
“Tennessee: Leading the Nation” celebratory events will take place January 20-21 in Nashville. With the exception of the ticketed Saturday evening events, all activities are free and open to the public with limitations based on venue capacity. Registration is required for all events. Event details, tickets and registrations are available here.
Friday, January 20
• Tennessee: Leading the Nation Reception, 8 p.m. CT – Wildhorse Saloon, 120 2nd Avenue North
Saturday, January 21
• Inaugural Worship Service, 8:30 a.m. CT — Ryman Auditorium, 116 5th Avenue North
• Inaugural Ceremony, 11 a.m. CT — Legislative Plaza, Union & 6th Avenue•
• First Couple’s Inaugural Dinner, 6:30 p.m. CT — Grand Hyatt Hotel Grand Hall, 1000 Broadway, ticketed event
• Inaugural Ball, 8 p.m. CT — The Fisher Center, 2020 Belmont Boulevard, ticketed event
Inaugural celebration events and activities are fully supported by private donations according to contribution guidelines.
Details for media credentialing and other logistical information will be provided in the coming days.