First Friday is back, and, well, it’s Friday!
Published 12:56 pm Tuesday, May 2, 2023
By Angela Cutrer
First Friday is back in town to celebrate music, shopping, dining, local businesses and best of all – fun. Get ready to explore boutiques, vintage shops and art-centric spaces as you enjoy performances and live music on Elizabethton’s lively streets.
“Treat yourself to drinks and great food at one of our downtown establishments, while experiencing the warmth of our community and bustling district,” said Main Street Program Director Courtney Bean.
Music will include tunes played along Elk Avenue from 5 to 8 p.m.; a live performance at Covered Bridge Park from 7 to 9 p.m.; and an after party at Riverside Taphouse from 9 to 11 p.m.
Ready for some serious shopping? You have until 8 p.m. to visit the following:
* Auntie A’s Barkery, 520 E. Elk Ave.: Pet photo booth opportunity
* Cottage Boutique, 543 E. Elk Ave.: Cinco de Mayo refreshments
* Duck Crossing, 515 E. Elk Ave.: Cinco de Mayo photo booth
* Fletcher’s Homemade, 510 E. Elk Ave.: Learn more about sewing and class opportunities
* Glow Herbals, 527 E. Elk Ave.: 25 percent off bulk and powdered herbs
* Hellbender Outfitters, 547 E. Elk Ave.: grand opening weekend!
* The Curious Moon Apothecary, 624 E. Elk Ave.
* The Wildwood Flower Co., 604 E. Elk Ave.
* Wayward Springs, 441 E. Elk Ave.: live hat customization art by Tailored by Townsend
* All Star Sports & Country Crafts, 530 E. Elk Ave.: open until 6 p.m.
Take the family out for these First Friday specials:
* Big Dan’s BBQ, 633 E. Elk Ave.: barbecue quesadillas for Cinco de Mayo
* Kim’s Coffee & Espresso, 528 E. Elk Ave.: First Friday frappuccino
* Simple Blessings General Store, 508 E. Elk Ave.: First Friday Not So Simple Shake
* Simply Elegant Bakery & Catering, 528 E. Elk Ave.: Fabulous First Friday Fudgey Brownie
* Southern Restaurant, 408 E. Elk Ave.: Berry Summer Wrap (grilled chicken, fresh spinach, berries, feta, bacon and tomato in a tortilla wrap)
* Sweetsie Treats, 438 E. Elk Ave.
* The Coffee Company, 444 E. Elk Ave.: summer menu release
And among all the shopping and feasting, look what else is available on First Friday:
* B&C Music, 437 E. Elk Ave.: information about lessons and music
* EHS Drama Department presents “Clue” at the Bonnie Kate Theater, 7:30 p.m.
* Elizabethton River Riders, Breezeway
* Liberty!, Breezeway: actors and information about upcoming performances
* Made on Elk, 526 E. Elk Ave.: $5 member studio time
* Natural Kneads, Breezeway: complimentary massages
* Pedals on Rails, 401 East E. St.
* Riverside Taphouse, 635 E. Elk Ave.: Music City & Bravazzi Tap Takeovers + Sully’s Food Truck
“We are so excited to kick off First Friday,” Bean said. “We have such a fun array of activities and engagements for the whole community. We invite everyone to come out and enjoy First Friday’s special dishes, live performances, art demonstrations, photo opportunities and so much more!”
First Friday is presented by Main Street Elizabethton, Tour Carter County, Elizabethton/Carter County Public Library and the City of Elizabethton Parks and Recreation.