Cattlemen’s Association pauses to salute accomplishments
The Carter County Cattlemen’s Association held its annual spring meeting and awards banquet on May 17,
saluting outstanding work in agriculture across Carter County.
Honored for their work were:
• Fred and Elaine Adams, named 2014 Small Producer of the Year;
• Clint and Amy Hoilman, selected 2014 Young Producer of the Year;
• Gary and Margaret Brown, who earned 2014 Stocker of the Year;
• Michael, Dale and Cathy Williams, who won 2014 Cow/Calf Producer of the Year; and
• Charlotte Honeycutt, who was presented the 2014 Directors Choice Award.
The CCCA spring meeting and awards banquet was
held at Sinking Creek Baptist Church. After a welcome by CCCA President Larry Crumley and the blessing of the meal by Greg Whitehead, pastor of Morgan Chapel Free Will Baptist Church, the guests enjoyed a steak dinner
The evening’s guest speaker was Lou Nave, executive director of the Farm Animal Care Coalition of Tennessee, who gave the association a look into the FACCT organization.
For more information about the Carter County Cattlemen’s Association, or to become a member, call 957-0928.