Think Appalachia Fair youth exhibits are all 4-H? Wrong!

Published 12:36 am Saturday, July 19, 2014

from staff reports 

Ribbons are nice – particularly when they come in red, white and blue and are awarded for a job well done.

The Carter County Extension Office is encouraging 4-H members and the general public to chase after some ribbons by entering exhibits at the Appalachian Fair.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

4-H members, of course, can show off their work in the 4-H building, but the fair’s exhibitions only begin there.

Those 4-H members can also enter in FFA, FCCLA, CTE, Farm & Home or Livestock.

For a look at the large number of possibilities in the 4-H Building and others at the Appalachian Fair, go to the fair website at

Fair catalogs can be accessed online, and entries can also be made online. To enter in the 4-H Building, FFA, FCCLA or CTE you’ll need to check out the Youth Catalog. To enter in the Farm & Home Building, you’ll need to look at the Farm & Home Catalog.

Those who don’t have internet access or need assistance with an entry form can visit the UT Extension Carter County Office.

Youth entry forms are due to the fair by July 25.

For more information on the Appalachian Fair contact the UT/Carter County Extension Office, 824 E. Elk Ave., Elizabethton by phone at 542-1842; by fax at 547-1520; or by e-mail at Or you can call the Appalachian Fair offices directly at 477-3211.