Why Carter County – Dugger Family Monuments
Published 12:21 pm Thursday, January 13, 2022
1. What made you choose Carter County and Elizabethton for your services and business? We chose Carter County because of customer feedback of wanting us to open another location closer to Elizabethton and Stoney Creek. Plus, Elizabethton is the hometown of our owner, Dustin, and his wife, Katie Dugger. Katie teaches Health Science at Elizabethton High School.
2. What is your purpose as a business? What do you do? Our goal is to help families keep the memory of their departed loved ones alive in their hearts and honor their lives with beautiful monuments from Dugger Family Monuments. We offer custom monument design services that include personalization of the monument. Our skillful design team has over 30 years of experience and can custom-design your monument exactly to your specifications. Our experienced and skilled staff will repair your damaged monument with great care. We can also restore the beauty of bronze monuments that have lost their original luster over time. We also can engrave the date of death on monuments.
Stop by our showroom today to discuss your needs with our friendly staff. You can also get a monument design for FREE.
3. How long have you been in business? We have three locations that have been in the monument business for a combined 70 years. Dugger Family Monuments opened their doors in September of 2021.
4. How long have you, personally, been working in the industry? I have been a part of the funeral and monument business for over 17 years. I have worked in the funeral service industry for most of my life, as many of my family members have been in the industry as well. So, monument design has always been a part of my background as I had to assist families with monument design and purchases. I joined with my cousin, Travis Dugger, and we together purchased Smith and Dugger Monuments, Telford, Porter’s Monument, Kingsport, and started Dugger Family Monuments, and have operated those businesses for several years.
5. Are you part of a franchise or are you independent? We are family owned and operated by Dustin Dugger and Travis Dugger. We are not affiliated with any funeral homes.
6. What impact do you think your services/business will have on the Carter County community? I am excited about the impact Dugger Family Monuments will have on Carter County. We have the ability to serve families in Bristol, Tenn., Johnson City, Stoney Creek, Hampton, and even into Roan Mountain and North Carolina. This location helps us reach more families which has always been our goal.