Early-morning alarm sends fire, police departments to Family Dollar
Published 3:58 pm Friday, April 1, 2022
1 of 4
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Three fire trucks from the Elizabethton City Fire Department responded to an early-morning alarm from the Family Dollar store located at 513 Broad St. The alarm was sounded when smoke was visible in the store.
Elizabethton Fire Battalion Chief Russell Hodge said the smoke came from an overheated belt on an A/C unit. The belt finally snapped off the unit’s pulley.
Firemen set up a portable air mover to help expel the smoke from the building. The Elizabethton Police Department was also on scene.