City Manager and JCPD Chief seek public’s assistance in shooting investigations
Published 12:48 pm Thursday, May 5, 2022
Johnson City Police Chief Karl Turner and City Manager Cathy Ball held a three-minute press conference on Wednesday to address six shootings that have occurred in the city over the last three weeks.
Both were seeking the public’s assistance with identifying suspects in connection to the shootings which have injured over five people since April 16.
They said that the shootings could be related.
Details about the shootings remain limited due to the ongoing investigation being active.
Turner encouraged any member of the public who had any information about the following reports of gunfire and/or shootings to come forward:
– April 16 (1:30 a.m.), 1109 University Parkway, Monarch Apartments
– April 19 (1:25 a.m.), 900 Block of Pardee Street
– April 19 (4:56 a.m.), area of West Unaka Avenue near North Roan Street
– April 19 (6:07 a.m.), area of King Springs Road near Legion Street
– April 30 (1 a.m.), Spring Street near Tipton Street
– May 4 (3 a.m.), 500 Washington Avenue
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Johnson City Criminal Investigations Division at (423) 434-6166, or to remain anonymous, Crime Stoppers at (423) 434-6158. To send a confidential tip text 423JCPD and your tip to 847411 (TIP411) or send a tip to www.citizenobserver.com.