Two residents escape, dog requires CPR in Carter County house fire

Published 4:19 pm Monday, January 30, 2023

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
Two residents escaped a house fire early Monday, but the family’s dog required CPR after being caught in the blaze.
The fire took place about 10:30 a.m. Monday at 1107 Idlewylde Circle. Volunteers with the West Carter County Volunteer Fire Department responded to the 911 call, which reported that the fire started on the carport.
Officials said flames were visible and two people were reported to be trapped in the fire.
A volunteer fireman on the scene stated that everyone got out safely and CPR was performed on the family’s dog to save its life. The home was heavily damaged.
Central and Watauga Volunteer Fire Departments assisted on the call.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox