TCAT Elizabethton brings home gold in TN Skills USA state competition
Published 2:29 pm Friday, April 21, 2023
It has been a great year for the Tennessee College of Applied Technology Elizabethton at the TN Skills USA state competition in Chattanooga. The students and instructors medaled in every event they entered, winning four gold and a silver medal in the five events.
Gold Medal Winners:
• Austin Howard – Automotive Service Technology, instructor Jackie Livingston
• Hollie Ollis – Cosmetology, instructor Toni Campbell
• George Grindstaff, Blake McKinney, Zachary Moore – Industrial and Engineering Technology, instructor Brian Irick
• Matthew Hardin – Welding, instructor Dale Hicks
Silver Medal Winner:
• Noah Cody – Diesel, instructor Tim Ward
Bronze Medal Winners
• Dakota Christian, Christian Gardner, Kobe Wilcox – T-Shirt Design – Automotive, instructor Jacky Livingston
The gold medalists will be going to the national competition held in Atlanta on June 19-23.