Recent arrests reported by the Elizabethton Police Department
Published 2:55 pm Thursday, November 16, 2023
The following arrests have been reported by the Elizabethton Police Department:
- On November 12, Corporal Jason Mosier cited Ms. Chasity Lynn Skeans-Thomas for Driving on Revoked License 1st offense, Financial Responsibility, and Stop Sign Violation. Ms. Skeans-Thomas lacked a valid driver’s license, insurance proof, and faced a revoked license status.
- Officer Hayden Holtsclaw issued Elmer Vicente citations for Drivers to Exercise Due Care and No Drivers License following a single-vehicle accident on November 11 at 1676 Milligan Highway. Mr. Vicente’s truck was found resting on a guard rail, leading to the issuance of citations and a court date on November 15.
- Corporal Kurt Kemp responded to a shoplifting incident at Walmart (1001 Overmountain Dr) on November 10. Mr. James M. Humbard was caught concealing and opening packages, leading to a citation for shoplifting and a scheduled court appearance on December 11.
- Officer Justin Pearce arrested Jeremy Clay Stout at the Probation and Parole Office (419 West Elk Avenue) on November 9, due to active warrants from Washington County. Stout was charged with Possession of Methamphetamine after a crystalline substance was found during the arrest. A court date is set for November 27.
- Officer Franklin Peters responded to a shoplifting attempt at Walmart (1001 Overmountain Drive) on November 14. Michael D. Tolbert attempted to shoplift tools, leading to his arrest for Shoplifting over $1,000. Tolbert is due in Carter County General Sessions Court on December 11.
Note: All arrestees are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.