Multiple arrests reported by Carter County Sheriff’s Office spanning alleged offenses from auto theft to drug possession
Published 1:05 pm Tuesday, December 26, 2023
The following arrests have been reported by the Carter County Sheriff’s Office:
- On December 11, Deputy Jeremiah Bartlett responded to a breaking and entering at a residence on Simerly Creek Road, Hampton, finding a male subject, Kyle Jacob Padua, who fled before deputies arrived. A red 2005 Chrysler Crossfire was stolen from the property. Later that day, deputies recovered the stolen vehicle and firearms belonging to the homeowner. Padua was arrested for multiple charges including auto theft and felony vandalism.
- On December 11, Sgt. Justin Johnson arrested Angela D. Taylor during a traffic stop on a white Nissan X-Terra for multiple active warrants, including failure to appear and violation of probation.
- On December 11, Sgt. Justin Johnson arrested Eric Logan Buck and Terry Jones for active warrants related to assault and violation of probation, respectively.
- On December 13, deputies from Washington County Sheriff’s Office assisted in the arrest of Jordan Manuel Burgos at Sinking Creek Baptist Church, serving an outstanding warrant for violation of probation.
- On December 13, Deputy Kevin Kemp took David Edward Gardner into custody on a failure to appear warrant. Gardner was transported to the Carter County Detention Center without incident.
- On December 14, Deputy Thomas Hill arrested Kevin Bret Nunley for auto theft on Ruby Avenue after he allegedly stole a 2016 GMC Acadia from the same address.
- On December 14, Deputy Zachary Whaley apprehended Heather D. Hughes on a failure to appear warrant at Sinking Creek Church. Hughes was transported to the Carter County Detention Center without issue.
- On December 14, Deputy Jeff Winters arrested James Allen Buckingham at Washington County Tennessee Detention Center for various warrants, including violation of community corrections and attachment for contempt.
- On December 14, Lt. Johnathan Blevins and Deputy Jeremiah Bartlett detained Michael Dale Whitehead Jr. for criminal trespass at Dunken Donuts in Hampton.
- On December 14, Sgt. Michael Malone took Steven Michael Britt into custody for failure to appear, as directed by Johnson City Police Department.
- On December 14, Deputy Storm Scalf arrested James Clayton Hardin for public intoxication and possession of legend drugs without prescription at Xamita’s Hair Emporium parking lot.
- On December 15, Deputy Kevin Kemp arrested Kassi Mae Broadwater on charges of identity theft and fraudulent use of credit/debit cards, as indicated by warrants from Elizabethton Police Department.
- On December 15, Deputy Cory Locklear arrested Joseph William Gleason for violation of probation.
- On December 16, Deputy Dalton Taylor detained Latasia Harris for criminal trespass and possession of methamphetamine.
- On December 16, Sgt. Justin Johnson arrested Kody R. Anderson for criminal trespass, leading to transport to the Carter County Detention Center.
- On December 16, Deputy Christian Carrier arrested Jonathon Clay Hawk for violation of probation.
- On December 16, Sgt. Justin Johnson detained Jeffrey Douglas King for public intoxication and an active failure to appear warrant at Hunter Elementary.
- On December 16, Deputy Cory Locklear apprehended Jeremy Chad Cole for violation of probation at Old Railroad Grade.
- On December 17, Lt. Christopher Reichenbach arrested Jessica Lee Edwards for failure to appear at Bunker Hill Road and Hwy. 19E, as directed by an active warrant.
- On December 17, Sgt. Justin Johnson arrested Joshua Scott Johnson for criminal trespass after repeated warnings to stay away.
- Note: All arrestees are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.